KORNOS Village LEMNOS (LIMNOS)
Kornos is first referred to in 1361 in register documents concerning the possessions of Megisti Lavra in the area. It is written that the inhabitants of Kornos — then called Koronos — were yielded to the Monastery. Till 1914 it was a municipality and rather one of the richest villages of the island. It is not a coincidence that many of the owners of the houses of Romeikos Gialos descend from Kornos. The village in cooperation with the municipality of Myrina is profiting from Therma, medicinal water sources of the region. Therma have been in use since 1415.